Statistical Review of PSL
At every event, the Pakistan Super League has become stronger and popular. This is not only the common opinion of local and foreign cricketers, spectators or experts of the game, rather this is the statistical review of one the world’s most fiercely competitive and entertaining Leagues that had been played. Below we are going to mention some of the amazing Statistical reviews of PSL that has been recorded in the last couple of years.
The most successful team of PSL
- The most successful team in the brief history of PSL is Islamabad United, which won the 2016 and 2018 titles and has a success rate of 59.67 after having won 19 out of 32 matches.
- The (2017) Peshawar Zalmi Champions are the second most successful team with 19 wins in 34 games that have been played in PSL.
- The third place is taken by the Quetta Gladiator with the success rate of 56.66 but unfortunately comes in two losing finalists, with 17 wins out of 31matches.
Highest and lowest totals of PSL
- The highest total was achieved by the Quetta Gladiators in a run chasing game played against Lahore Qalandars. They posted a massive total of 201 in just 20 overs. In the first edition of PSL, Quetta Gladiator chased this massive total on the last ball of the match which turns into the crucial winning for the Quetta Gladiators. They ended and win the match after scoring 203 for 8 wickets on the last ball of the match.
- Such a pity for the Lahore Qalandars as they were the team who tried to post the highest total and ended up losing the match. They are also the same team who has the lowest total in the PSL. They achieve this record while playing with Peshawar Zalmi in 2017 when they bowled out Qalandars for 59 scores.
Highest Power Play Score in PSL
- Quetta Gladiators holds the highest Power Play record of 77 runs for the loss of one wicket playing against Lahore Qalandars during a successful run chase of 202 in 2016.
- The next highest power-play score is 75 runs achieved by Lahore Qalandars against the Quetta Gladiators in 2017.
- The third highest total is also of 75 runs which have been achieved by the Islamabad United while playing again Karachi Kings in 2018.
Most Dominant Batsman of PSL
- Kamran Akmal is the most successful PSL batsman, with 929 runs at an average of 29.96 and a strike rate of 133.28. The Kamran Akmal from Peshawar Zalmi is also the only batsman who struck two centuries in PSL.
- The most Dominant foreign batsman for the PSL is from Australia’s whose name is Shane Watson with 684 runs at an average of 29.73 which is slightly short than the Kamran Akmal. Shane Watson played the first two PSL tournaments for Islamabad United and the last for Quetta Gladiators.
Centuries Achieved in PSL
- In the brief history of HBL PSL, there were only three centuries that had been made, two of them is made by Kamran Akmal and one is achieved by Sharjeel Khan playing for the Islamabad United.
Highest Partnerships in PSL
- The opening Stand of 153 runs between Shane Watson and Sharjeel Khan for Islamabad United against Qalandars in Sharjah is still the highest partnership for any HBL PSL edition.
- The next partnership is by Mohammad Hafeez and Dawid Malan playing for Peshawar Zalmi against Quetta Gladiators in 2017.
- However, the most successful pair of PSL in of Muhammad Hafeez and Tamim Iqbal who have posted 431 runs for Peshawar Zalmi in just nine innings playing together.
Most Destructive Batsman’s of PSL
- Luke Ronchi Is the batsman with the highest strike rate of those who had managed to score 200 runs in the tournament. Luke has played 435 balls off at a scoring rate of 182. Ronchi only played in the tournament in 2018 and left an enormous mark after hitting 51 and 24 six.
- Shahid Khan Afridi is the second most destructive batsman of PSL. With 311 runs off 188 balls at a strike-rate of 165.42, he managed to come at the second place.
Most Fours and Sixes in PSL
- Kamran Akmal manages to take the first place by hitting 85 fours and 49 sixes.
- Shane Watson is the second batsmen on the list with the most six 43 that had been hit.
- With 74 fours, Ahmed Shahzad is second in the list of batsmen who has struct most of the fours.
Fastest fifties in PSL
- Again, we are going to see the name Kamran Akmal who made the fastest 50 in the HBL PSL in just 17 balls. The match was played against the Karachi Kings in Lahore where they qualified for the finals.
- The other batsman who scored 50 in under 20 balls was Luke Ronchi from the Islamabad United. Luke took 19 balls to reach his half-century in the PSL.
Most Innings Without a Duck in PSL
- Shane Watson was never dismissed for the duck in the PSL and keeps the record to beat most innings without getting out on zero. Ravi Bopara is the next batman with most innings without getting out on zero.
- Both Misbah- ul- Haq and Anwar Ali have beaten nineteen innings without getting out on a duck.
Most Successive Bowler of PSL
- Wahab Riaz is the most successful bowler in the history of HBL PSL. He obtained 48 wickets on average at 16.50 and saved 6.75 wickets. The fast left- hand bowler played all the editions for Peshawar Zalmi.
- The next bowler is Mohammad Sami from the Islamabad United with 37 wickets at an economy rate of 6.55.
- Shane Watson is the foreign player manages to dismiss 22 batsmen.
Five Wicket Hauls in PSL
- There were a total of five hauls in the PSL, the first one was taken by Ravi Bopara. In 2016 he finished with six wickets only for 16 runs against Lahore Qalandars.
- Two other bowlers claiming five wickets in 2016 were Shahid Afridi and Mohammad Sami. In the 2017 edition, no bowler managed to take five-wicket hauls.
- In 2018, two bowlers Umar Gul and Shaheen Shah Afridi bagged five-wicket hauls.
Most Maiden Overs in PSL
- Shahid Afridi bowled five maiden overs, which is most for any bowler in PSL.
- Mohammad Amir, who has given four maiden overs, comes at second.
- The left-hand fast bowler Mohammad Irfan bowled three maidens and finished third in the list.
Most Dismissals and Catches in PSL
- Kamran Akmal unleashed the highest number of dismissals. He has made 30 dismissals which include 23 catches and 7 stumps. The player who picks up most of the catches is his brother, Umar Akmal, who grabs 15 catches.
Most Player of the Match Awards in PSL
- Luke Ronchi may have shown up so far in just one season, but his number of awards is more than anyone. In 2018, he took five awards in 11 games while playing for Islamabad United. Kamran Akmal, Mohammad Nawaz, and Mohammad Sami also managed to take four Man of the match awards.
Here we have listed all the well-known Statistical review of PSL hope so you will enjoy all the amazing facts that we have mentioned above hope so this season PSL 2019 will going to be one of the best seasons you can watch Live PSL 2019 on this website. The opening ceremony of PSL 2019 will be on 14th February.