Records Held by Chris Gayle The Universe Boss
Chris Gayle, known as the universe boss may have come off a cricket field wearing the West Indies ODI uniform for the last time against India. But history will always remember his presence. Here’s a look at the Records held by the Universe Boss Chris Gayle.
- The “Head of the Universe” ends up as the most limited ODI player for the West Indies after making 301 appearances breaking Brian Lara’s previous 299 ODI-bound record. Gayle also finishes as the West indies top ODI runs scorer, surpassing Lara’s count with 10408runs to his name.
- Chris Gayle, Universe boss holds the record for crushing the first century at Twenty20 Internationals. He scored a surprising 57-ball 117 against South Africa in the first match of the first edition of World Twenty20 in 2007.
- In 2015, Gayle became the first man to reach twice as many hundred in a World Cup match. The occasion came when he hit 215-runs against Zimbabwe.
- The West Indies is one of only four batsmen to have scored triple hundred twice. The other three batsmen in this elite company are Don Bradman, Brian Lara, and Virender Sehwag.
- Universe Boss, Chris Gayle has the unique record of hitting the first ball of a test match by a six. The event occurred in 2012 when he lifted the Bangladeshi spinner Sohag Gazi for six.
- He is the first player to hit all 6 balls consecutive for four in test cricket. He achieved the feat against former England brand Matthew Hoggard in a test match in 2004.
- The Jamaican, Universe Boss Chris Gayle is the only batsmen to have a triple hundred in Tests, a double hundred in ODI and one hundred in T20I
- Gayle, Universe boss holds the records of the fastest century of IPL, the highest IPL score and a maximum of six in a league inning. Interestingly, all the records came in the same Inning. The 30-ball one hundred is the fastest century in professional cricket.
- The self-proclaimed Head of the Universe became the first batsmen to score 10000 runs in T20 cricket. He achieved the feat while playing in the 2017 IPL season. Chris Gayle, the universe boss set the record while playing for Royal Challengers Bangalore against the Gujarat Lions in Rajkot.