Most Expensive Cricketers Sold in the IPL 2021 Auction
South African all-rounder Chris Morris has been sold at the highest price in the IPL auction 2021 so far. Rajasthan Royals bought him with a base price of Rs 75 lakh for Rs 18 crore 25 lakh. Which is a record in the history of IPL. Earlier, in 2015, Delhi bought former Indian all-rounder Yuvraj Singh for a maximum of Rs 16 crore. Whereas here below we have mentioned the list of most expensive cricketers sold out in IPL 2021.
The Punjab Kings were in the battle with Rajasthan to take Morris. Other franchises initially showed interest in taking him to the team but later withdrew. Glenn Maxwell has been bought by Royal Challengers Bangalore for Rs 14.25 crore. Its base price was Rs 2 crore. Rajasthan and Kolkata were the first to jump in to buy Maxwell.
New Zealand fast bowler Jamieson has yet to find a place in international cricket. However, the owners of the IPL just caught the eye! Virat Kohli’s team has bought Jamieson for Rs 15 crore with a base price of Rs 65 lakh. IPL 2021 Live Streaming is scheduled to start from 11 April 2021.
Most Expensive Cricketers in IPL 2021
Let’s take a look at the most expensive cricketers in the auction in IPL 2021
- Chris Morris, Rajasthan Royals for Rs 16 crore 25 lakh.
- Kyle Jamieson, Royal Challengers Bangalore for Rs 15 crore.
- Glenn Maxwell at Royal Challengers Bangalore for Rs 14.25 crore.
- Zhai Richardson, Punjab Kings for Rs 14 crore.
- Krishnappa Gowtham, Chennai Super Kings for Rs 9 crore 25 lakh.
- Riley Meredith, in the Punjab Kings for Rs 6 crore.
- Moin Ali in Chennai Super Kings for Rs 6 crore.
- Shah Rukh Khan in Punjab Kings for Rs 5 crore 25 lakh.